Networking at the conference is a great way to meet new people, learn about new trends, and build relationships that can help you advance your career. But with so many people in attendance, it can be daunting to know where to start.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you network effectively at the upcoming APSO Recruitment and Staffing Conference:
1. Have clear goals and objectives.
Before you go to the conference, take some time to think about what you want to achieve. Are you looking to meet new clients? Hire new candidates? Learn about new technologies? Once you know what you want to get out of the conference, you can focus your networking efforts accordingly.
2. Do your research.
Take some time to research the speakers, sponsors, and attendees at the conference. This will help you identify people who you’re interested in meeting and learning from. You can also use social media to connect with potential networking partners before the conference.
3. Be prepared.
Bring business cards, a copy of your resume, and any other materials that you think would be helpful. You should also have a few conversation starters ready to go. For example, you could ask people about their company, their role, or what they’re most excited about at the conference.
4. Be approachable.
Make eye contact, smile, and introduce yourself to people. Don’t be afraid to approach people who are standing alone or who you’re interested in learning more about.
5. Be a good listener.
People love talking about themselves, so ask questions and really listen to the answers. This will help you build rapport and learn more about the people you’re talking to.
6. Follow up.
After the conference, send a follow-up email to everyone you met. Thank them for their time and reiterate your interest in staying in touch. You can also connect with them on LinkedIn.
Here are a few additional tips that are specific to networking at the conference:
- Attend the keynote speeches and breakout sessions. This is a great way to learn about new trends and meet people who are interested in the same things as you.
- Visit the exhibit hall. This is a great place to meet with recruiters, staffing agencies, and other vendors.
- Participate in networking events. We have a canapes/cocktail/networking event afterwards which allows for speed networking.
- Don’t be afraid to cold approach people. If you see someone you’re interested in talking to, go up and introduce yourself.
- Be yourself. People can tell when you’re being fake, so just be yourself and let your personality shine through.
Networking at the APSO Recruitment and Staffing Conference can be a great way to advance your career. By following these tips, you can make the most of your time at the conference and build relationships that will benefit you for years to come.